Free Website Resources
- Google My Business – your Google Map and business profile. Good reviews will really boost your website’s visibility
- Bing Places for Business – promoting your business through Bing
- Facebook for Business – building your page and marketing locally. With Facebook you can target people in your immediate area
Google Trends – what’s trending in search
- Google Analytics– Scroll down the linking page for the free option. Endless information about your visitors, where they come from and what they are searching for
- Google Webmaster Tools – identifies any website problems, gives visitor information
- Bing Webmaster Tools – similar to Google, offers help on increasing website success
Letter Count – for getting accurate characters and spaces in meta title (50 characters and spaces) and meta description (approx 150 characters and spaces)
These are good sources of free images to brighten up your pages. Images work well to enhance your content if they are relevant, and keep visitors reading. Good alternate text and descriptions help the search engines understand your page content.
- Free images from Pixabay
- Free images from Morguefile
- Free images from PublicDomainPictures.net
- Free images from Flickr
- Free icons from NounProject
- Free Stock Photos
canva.com is an image design website, free for the basics or pay a little for more choice.
Useful programmes for working with images.
Colorzilla – colour picker extension for Chrome and Firefox